Fannie Mae's vehicle for expanding business with diverse securities dealers is its ACCESS® program. Fannie Mae established ACCESS in 1992 and structured the program to provide the company "access" to these investors and give the firms "access" to Fannie Mae securities. These firms help us find important new sources of funding for our mission. ACCESS has been cited as a key feature of Fannie Mae's commitment to diversity and minority populations.
Fannie Mae selected 10 firms to serve as the initial group of ACCESS members. While there has been membership turnover, historically 11-17 members have consistently participated in the program. And over the years 36 different firms have been included in the program. Turnover represents non-performing firms as well as new invitees.
Fannie Mae reinforces ACCESS-member success through a number of activities, including: conducting debt marketing meetings with major fixed-income investors, providing training exercises to help the firms participate more effectively, and educating the sales forces about our debt products. The company also consults with other corporations as they develop similar programs or consider using some of our firms. Fannie Mae vigorously looks for opportunities to use ACCESS firms in all of its funding and investment activities and other activities that help fulfill its mission.
The company reviews membership annually. As of January 25, 2020, the current ACCESS members are:
- Academy Securities (San Diego, CA)
- Alamo Capital (Walnut Creek, CA)
- Bancroft Capital, LLC (Fort Washington, PA)
- Blaylock Van, LLC (Oakland, CA)
- Cabrera Capital Markets LLC (Chicago, IL)
- CastleOak Securities, L.P. (New York, NY)
- C.L. King (Albany, NY)
- Drexel Hamilton (Philadelphia, PA)
- Great Pacific Securities (Costa Mesa, CA)
- Guzman & Company (Miami, FL)
- Loop Capital Markets LLC (Chicago, IL)
- MFR Securities, Inc. (New York, NY)
- Mischler Financial Group, Inc. (Corona Del Mar, CA)
- Multi-Bank Securities, Inc. (Southfield, MI)
- R. Seelaus & Co., LLC (Chatham, NJ)
- Samuel A. Ramirez & Co., Inc. (New York, NY)
- Siebert Williams Shank & Co., LLC (New York, NY)
- Stern Brothers & Co. (St. Louis, MO)
- Tribal Capital Markets LLC (New York, NY)
For additional information about ACCESS, e-mail Fannie Mae's Fixed Income Marketing department.
Page last revised: 01/24/20